Orion Expedition Cruises - Ship Information
Length: 103 metres
Beam: 14.25 metres
Draft: 3.82 metres
Hull: Ice-reinforced for voyages in the Arctic and Antarctic
Ice Class: E3 (Germanischer Lloyd)
Gross Tonnage: 4,000
Engines: Mak; 8M25; 3,265HP
Speed: 12.5 knots
Stabilisers: Blohm & Voss, retractable fin stabilisers
Manoeuvrability: Bow and stern thrusters
Staterooms and Suites: 53
Guest Capacity: 106 (twin occupancy). 19 additional guests may be accommodated in convertible sofa or upper Pullman beds.
Delivery Date: November 2003
Builder: Cassens Shipyard-Emden, Germany
Classification: Germanischer Lloyd 100 A5 E3 Passenger Ship MC E3 AUT
Regulations: Orion is built according to the latest international safety regulations, including those of the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Public Health, Canadian Arctic Shipping, and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Additional Craft: 10 Zodiac Heavy Duty MK5, 10 Kayaks
Communications: Direct-dial satellite telephones; fax; e-mail; Internet access; internal telephone system
1. Elevator 2. Galaxy Lounge 3. Vega Health Spa 4. Cosmos Lecture Theatre 5. Sun Deck with Jacuzzi 6. Bridge 7. Hairdresser 8. Boutique 9. Reception 10. Library 11. Leda Lounge 12. Security Office 13. Delphinus Outdoor Café 14. Constellation Restaurant 15. Stern Zodiac Embarkation Platform 16. Medical Centre 17. Mud Room 18. Side Zodiac Embarkation Platform
Stateroom diagrams and photographs are representative only. Staterooms and suites vary in size and shape.
Owners' Suites & French Balcony Suites
Deluxe Suites & Junior Suites
- Suites OS and BS have a French balcony (except suite OS509 which has two large rectangular windows). The French balcony features floor to ceiling sliding glass doors and a small outside area for viewing.
- Owners' Suite 502 has the living room space incorporated into the bedroom.
- Please note - bath facilities in Owners' Suites may present some difficulties for less mobile guests (excluding 502 which has separate bath and shower facilities).
Category A & B Staterooms
- Suites DS and JS feature large rectangular windows (except JS418 and JS419 which have large oval windows).
- Junior Suite 512 has two single beds.
- Staterooms B and A have large oval windows (except staterooms B322 & B323 which have twin portholes) and sitting area with tub chair.
- Stateroom 301 has a double bed.